Our Award!
We have achieved our Rights Respecting School Level 1 Award! We are so proud of everyone in our school, they all supported us so much.
"It was a wee bit tricky, but we worked really hard so it was easy for us!" said Devon P1.
"It was easy when we got everybody in the club and school to help us in getting our award." Megan P5.
Some children took Mrs McGraw on a tour around the school, telling her about the different things we do to promote our Rights. We spoke about lots of things and showed her displays.
"I felt nervous but a little excited too!" Connor P2
"I felt really nervous but then I just got on with it!" Emma P4
A small group of children went to speak to Mrs McGraw. She had lots of questions for them.
"I felt good about meeting Mrs McGraw because I answered all of her questions and got them right!" Nicole P2
At the end of the day she came to visit all of the children in the club. We sang our Rights Respecting School song to her and she was very impressed! We played a game with posters and we had to choose our favourite poster and explain why. We then analysed the posters to identify which Rights were being met in each one.
"When Mrs McGraw came to the club I felt happy for her because we worked so hard and had lots to show her." Aidan P2
Mrs McGraw met with a few of the parents of members of our club and asked them some questions too.
Finally Mrs Coyle, Mrs Maxwell, Mrs Wieland and Mrs Sloan all met with her to hear the results if everything that had been she had seen that day. Obviously it was all very impressive as Mrs McGraw told us that we had exceed the criteria met to achieve our Level 1 Award! We are waiting for our official report to be approved by UNICEF and then we will share it with you!
Well done everyone at Kirklandneuk Primary we are officially a Rights Respecting School!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home